Monday, February 13, 2006

Welcome to Charlotte, NC

Hi friends and family!

I'm sitting in the airport in Charlotte waiting for my connecting flight. I'm really very tired because sister and I have not slept much in the past week and the past two nights especially. But sisters only get to see eachother once in a blue moon (that has been my saying of the week) so sleep had to be pretty much deducted from the schedule. I slept all the way here, which is great because usually I can't sleep on planes, so now I'm feeling a little better. I'm sitting in the food court and it smells really good. I'm trying to decide which place I want to get some food from. For those of you that I got to see this week, it was so nice spending time with y'all! (trying to keep some of the southern charm I gained in the past year) The week went by incredibly fast but I had one of the most fun weeks ever. It was especially great to spend so much time with Linny, because as you all know, she is my best friend in all the world and I love her a lot. We definitely squeezed every drop of fun out of this week. Woo HOO! I was a little sad going to the airport today, because I will really miss you guys and miss home. But I know that the next four months are going to be such an awesome experience and that makes it a little easier to leave. A lot of you have been asking when I'll be home. My contract is thru June 2nd, but I can extend thru early August if I want. I'm going to give it some time and see how it goes before I decide. I may be really homesick by June, or I may love Alaska and want to stay longer. Either way, I'll be home first week of August at the latest. Okay I have to go get some food before we board...so I'll say adios for now. Keep reading cuz I am going to try to post as much as possible. Comments comments comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,

It was great seeing you too. Sunday
night gave the whole family (almost) a chance to see you and saved you a lot of running around.
Anxious to hear from you again. We have only 5 or 6 weeks till we go.
When I dig out my info I'll send you exact dates. If nothing else, we can wave as our ships cruise by
each other.

Luv, Granny

Anonymous said...

P.S.
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!
Grandpa gave me one dozen red roses tucked into baby's breath.
Don't know why my first message read anonymous.
Luv, Granny

ame on the move said...

OOOHHH Grandpa is very sweet. I didn't get any valentines today but I actually forgot that it was Valentines day till you said so just now. The ship is fine, I have to work in the library today for a few hours because there aren't a lot of kids on board. I'll get some reading done and hopefully not have too many cranky passengers. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Well for now I have to go visit the tailor shop to pick up all my uniforms so I better go. More to come, keep reading!!!

Melissa said...

Happy Valentine's Day Girl! I hope you have such a great time on your trip. Let us know how you're doing. We miss you a lot!