Monday, February 20, 2006

Drumroll Please.......



Dadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadadad.....(that is the sound of a drumroll)...I have been accepted to University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration!!! Yippee!!! I will hear about any scholarships I might have received tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Now that I've gotten in to all my schools, I have to make a decision on where to go. A full ride to Chicago would make that choice a LOT easier!

Ship life is good, went to the beach in Costa Rica today and only have to work 9-11pm. Last night was a blast but definitely didn't get enough sleep. I think I went to bed around 4am but really, I have no idea. You lose all concept of time on the ship. The beach we went to today wasn't as nice as the one in Curacao but the water was good and there were fun waves to play in. I went with Laura and Laurie, two cruise staff girls. After that I got a pedicure at this little spa in the market. It was only $15 and they did a really good job. I know I was mopey at the start of the cruise but I'm 100% okay now. The fun has begun and the people are great and the ports are awesome. This is such a cool job. Anyway, hope everything is good at home. Comment when you can, love to hear from you!

XOXOX

Amos bo Bamos

p.s. The pics are a group of us having dinner in Aruba at Iguana Joe's and a pic of the beach I went to in Curacao called Kontiki Beach. Preeetttyyy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Everyone here is just as excited about it as you are, especially Linny! I hope they offer everything that you're looking for. The pictures were great. Keep 'em coming.
Luv,
Granny

Anonymous said...

Linny,

GOOD FOR BOTH OF YOU!!!!

Luv,

Granny

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Very happy for you (and Linny, too).

- Unc <8^O

Anonymous said...

Hey Ame-Congrats! Glad you are having such a nice time. I'm just here, turning 40 today...whaaa...Stay safe, make good choices-Love you, Auntie La

Anonymous said...

Im' glad you're having a blast! We miss you sooooo much at Pace!

Love,
Krissy

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Per your call this AM: Uncle Lee doesn't have to check for air fares. The good news is Grandpa & I have 245,000 air miles. The bad news is...we can't go anywhere.
The other good news is: I talked to Theresa and we can give you and Linny half of our miles and still have 125,000 left so your travel is paid for! I talked to Linny just now and told her I'd send you a message. I don't know exactly how air miles work but Uncle Roger uses them all the time and Theresa would be able to tell you.
Luv,
Granny (& Grandpa)

ame on the move said...

Wow, that is so incredible! Thank you so much! We are so very lucky to have you as our grandparents. Although I suppose it is sort of your fault that we are addicted to Europe. Haha. Wow. I can't believe it, this is going to make things so much easier, like now we will actually be able to afford food. I love you both very much. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Vladee says he received your blog.