Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm a lobster monster!

Hi all,

Ship life is improving. Yesterday I was in Aruba and went mini-golfing with a bunch of people and then out to Iguana Joe's for dinner. We were up late at the OB and had a lot of fun being silly. Today Rachel (cast member) and I went to the beach in Curacao and got very sunburned. I used sunscreen but alas...it didn't do me much good. I hate to see what I would have looked like WITHOUT sunscreen. We were there from 11-3, then came back to the ship to get some cash and went to McDonalds for dinner. I never eat McD's at home but today it was the most delicious food I have ever had. I scarfed a quarter pounder, fries and three chicken nuggets like it was my last meal. It was so good. We hadn't eaten all day and were starving. now I feel a little gross, but we swam and walked a lot today so I think it's okay to have a little grease. Tonight I have work only from 9-11, so its a really easy day. We are going to play "Scene It" with the teens. It's a fun game about movie trivia. Tomorrow we are at sea headed towards Panama. It will be a long day, with work from 11am-11pm pretty much. Well, I think I'm going to take a nap since I only slept about 5 hours last night. More to come. Stay tuned.

Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,
Glad to hear that things are looking up. I'm sure you can have fun whatever you do. Do you actually go through the Canal? I thought that wouldn't be for the first six weeks. I still didn't look up our itinerary (?) but will do so later today and send you our schedule.Time is flying. It will be here before you know it. Love you & miss you.
Luv Granny
PS: Tori is going for her 'surgery' Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ame!

Looks like things are shaping up for you! Glad to hear it. McDonald's? Eeew! Ever see the documentary "Supersize Me"? You'll never eat Mickey 'D's again.

Jaimee's over her strep throat. Now A.J. has a head cold. Emilie and I are fine though. I just finished cleaning their rooms and the basement over the past couple of weekends. Their reactions: "Wow! That's amazing! I love it!" The price: my consistant harassment to keep it that way! Oh well.

I'm enjoying my new job in the loop. Not learning too much about the trading industry yet, but I'm sure I'll pick it up slowly on a need-to-know basis. I am enjoying the software development part, though.

Emilie goes on a field trip today with her Brownie troop to Health World; and both girls have swim lessons tonight. I couldn't get them to music lessons last weekend becuase my car door busted on the inside when I tried to open it. Something was too cold and snapped (it got to about -5 that night) - now I can't keep the driver's door shut. Julie went to a spa that morning (which she toroughly enjoyed) with the van, so the girls and I were stuck at home. Aren't you glad you're in warmer weather?!

Talk to you later!

- Unc <8^O