Sunday, February 19, 2006

I'm sitting in the Panama Canal

Okay I'm not actually sitting IN the canal, the ship is sitting in the canal and I am sitting on the ship. I didn't go ashore today but there isn't much to see anyway. There are lots of good excursions from here but all are about an hour away. The place where we port has a little strip mall thing and past that looks pretty scary. I'm not planning to spend a lot of time in Panama. Tonight we are having a big crew party on the mooring deck, so that should be fun. I'll download some pics tomorrow and post them. I don't have work till 5pm so I'll have time on my hands. We will be in Costa Rica tomorrow and I think I may go back to the beach. My sunburn is feeling better and I'm ready for another go at it. We will be docked from 7am-5pm so plenty of time for fun. I just realized that I have no idea what day it is today. Not the slightest. On the ship you go by where you are, like today is Panama day. After Costa Rica we have two sea days then back to Ft. Lauderdale. I will try to call a lot of you when I'm in port. I have a lot of minutes to use since I can only use my phone 3 days per month. Now that I'm back into the ship groove I'm feeling a lot better and having a really good time. Still not sure if I'll come home June 2nd or extend longer. Miss you all. Post comments and lemme know whats up at home!

Amy

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Amy, I'm so jealous you have a tan. It was cold here this weekend. We miss you girl. We're going to a Mardi Gras parade on Saturday. It'll be my first one since we northerners don't particiapte is such things! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. I can't wait to see some pics!

Anonymous said...

To Amy on the move, from Granny,
soon to get moving...
We leave O'Hare Thurs. Mar. 23 at 10:00 A.M. and arrive Orlando at 1:20 P.M. We'll be at the Disney Polynesian Resort till Mar.26 when we board the Disney Cruise Ship through the 30th. Our staterooms are in a row with verandahs. Ours & Ondrlas are connecting so Ronnie & Ryan can be in our room yet go into their parents room.
Day 1- Port Canaveral
Day 2- Nassau
Day 3- Castaway Cay (Disney's)
Day 4- At sea
Day 5- Port Canaveral
Then back to Disney World's
Caribbean Beach Resort for 3 days.
We leave Orlando Sun Apr 2nd at 8:45 PM and arrive home dead tired
and broke at 10:20 P.M.
Remember the great dinner we had the last night of our trip in that Italian restaurant where we all talked about our favorite part of the trip etc? Well, our dinner will be on Ronnie's 13th birthday so that will be really special!
Can't wait to see some pictures from you. Tori is scheduled for her surgery tomorrow at 8:00 A.M.
Love you........Granny