Saturday, January 21, 2006

Sweet Home, Chicago!



Okay THAT'S not Chicago...That is the Dominican Republic...but Chicago is where I'll be in just 2 short weeks! I've been busy packing today. I have a HUGE suitcase/duffel bag thing that is almost full already and I still need to get a lot more stuff in it. Yikes! I think I'm over packing but I'm going to be there for a long time and I'm gonna be everywhere from South America to Alaska so that's a lot of different weather!

Pensacola is rainy and gloomy today, but that't not going to get me down because tonight my friend Tamara and I are going to watch the Miss America Pageant! It's so cheesy and so dumb but I just love it. It's one of those things that you probably shouldn't admit out loud I guess...Oh well. You will love me anyway I hope. So I will be home from the 5th-13th of Feb and I want to see everyone that I can. If you want to get together while I'm home, give me a call or email me at amythorn14@hotmail.com so we can make plans. While I'm gone feel free to email me or send me letters...I think I emailed most of you my address on the ship. If you don't have it and you want it, just let me know.

So on Tuesday I'm getting my implant surgery done (for my teeth). I've heard it's going to hurt. A very lot. Greeeeaaaat. But in just 7 short months, I'll finally have crowns installed and my smile will start to look normal again! Yippee! I'm going to be on really strong pain killers so if you call me Tuesday or Wednesday, I may have no idea who you are. Just be aware. :)

Let's see...not much else going on. I'm finishing up my last two weeks at work and trying to get things ready for the new counselor coming in...my mom is coming down in a week to help me pack my apartment and move stuff into storage...I guess that's about it. Oh, I went bowling last weekend and had the worst game of my life. It was embarassing. Rob nearly doubled my score. It was a total blowout. I need to practice. A lot.

Well readers, thanks for reading. I think you are being a little slow with the comments so let's pick up the pace here people!! I will post a lot when I'm on the ship and post pics whenever I can. Still no word from grad schools yet but I should be hearing in the next month or so. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Love,

Amos bo Bamos

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Thanks for the call yesterday, we're counting the days till we see you (and Lucy). Tori is anxious to meet her. Have a good trip and a nice going away party.
Give Rob our love, hope he finds out soon just where he'll be and that he's glad about where ever that may be.

Luv,
Granny

Anonymous said...

Linny,

The jewelry is at Aunitie Lauries but we are going to GL for the weekend. You'll probably get it one day next week. As for the Dominican Republic...DON'T TALK TO ANY STRANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luv, Granny

Amy, Sorry to use your blog for my
own use........Gramma

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Hope both Amy and Linny are feeling better after the oral surgery/tooth extraction.

Ame we have to make sure you can at least stop by for a little while while your in so that I can give you your Christmas present. It may come in handy in Alaska. I'm home most of the time. You're welcome for any meal, any time of the day. Give me a call when you get to Chicago and we'll see what slot you have open on the social calendar.

There's not too much going on here that's any different from usual. The girls are both taking swim lessons on Monday nights. Em is doing great in level 2. Jaim is just starting out in level 1, but she did have to jump in (actually the instructor dropped her in) off the side of the pool and off the low diving board during the first day of class! I thought she'd never want to go back after that, but she has been okay.

I'm still teaching the art class for 5-7 yr olds at our homeschool group. The Spring session just started up today.

Em's Brownie troop went snow skiing last Sunday night. I went with her. She wanted to go home after the lesson was over! I talked her into staying another 1/2 hour, but then she was crying and begging to go home. So it looks like I won't have to go on any other ski trips for at least a few years...thank goodness.

Uncle Roj is starting a new job on Monday. He'll be working downtown again for a financial/trading company. He's looking forward to the change and he loves being in the city.

That's about all for now. Can't wait to see you! Linny is more than welcome to come over too with you.

Love you,
Auntie J.

Anonymous said...

Hello from the Chicago Loop! Started my new job at Equitec yesterday and I'm pretty jazzed. Equitec is an options trading company. I get to work on the software used by all the traders. I am one of a team of about 10 other developers.

Linny, I remember having my wisdom teeth pulled when I was a sophomore in high school. It was completely painless for me. No swelling or anything. Although, I was told that I came pretty close to waking up during the procedure. After giving me extra doses of anesthesia, it took them longer than usual to wake me.

Looking forward to having you back home, Ame. Hopefully I'll be home when you stop by (after 5:00pm). You can pop in for dinner sometime. A.J.'s cooking has been quite delectable lately! You're welcome to stop in, too, Linny! It'd be cool to have you both to ourselves for one evening.

Well, gotta get back to my new job! TTYL!

- Unc <8^O

Anonymous said...

Amy is really on the move! According to what we hear, she should be HOME sometime today. Hope the weather was OK traveling.
Don't know if we're more excited to see you or Lucy (Tori can't wait to meet both of you, she's going to the beauty parlor tomorrow because she wants to make a good first impression). Right now she smells like a DOG! Call as soon as you get settled and have an open date.

Luv, Granny

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! I hope you had a nice trip home; I'm sure that drive was incredibly long. We already miss you tons and it's so hard to see Katrina in your office! Hope to hear from you soon.

Love, Krissy

Melissa said...

Amy- I wasn't really mad at you for leaving until this week without you. I miss you tons- It's not the same without you across the hall. I hope you're enjoying your visit home. I'm sure it's great to see your family and friends. Well, we sure miss you-come visit us!
Love Melissa