Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Who's Got Gas???

Not THAT kind of gas. Don't be gross...
Fuel. For my car. My car that takes me 25 miles each morning to work and 25 miles home again. The gas crisis has pretty much passed here. There aren't 2 hour lines anymore and many stations do have at least regular unleaded in stock. That's all I ever use anyway. I had to wait for 45 minutes the other day which wasn't so much fun but at least I got filled up. I'm getting low again though and when I drove to work today it was looking like places were starting to run out. I feel pretty sure I'll find a place but it is really weird to have to worry about it. I've never been in a situation where gas wasn't plentiful. I think that says a lot about how we live in America. In 23 years this is the first time I've ever been worried about going without something that I need. It makes me feel grateful for what I have evern while I feel cranky for having to wait in gas lines for 45 minutes. We are a lot luckier than we realize.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy Love your Blogg just celebrated Kileys #rd B day what fun Take Care Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

I think the last time there was this kind of gas shortage it was in the 70's. Thankfully I was too young to drive at the time so it never really meant much to me other than seeing it on the news. You're right though, we are spoiled here. There's a lot that we take for granted. Those hybrid cars are looking better all the time...

Love you, Auntie Julie

Anonymous said...

Whew! Catchy title! I was going to guess Lucy thinking she had some reaction to some food or something. What a relief!

Anyway, my next car will be a hybrid. Can't justify gas guzzlers these days. It almost seems irresponsible to have one if you're the only one driving it.

Oh well. Off my soap box. The girls and I were at Borders the other day and I saw a calendar filled with art using Paris as a subject matter. Made me think of you.

Luv you Ame (& Linney-bo-binney, too (and Antie Julie and Jaimilie, too))!

- Unc <8^O

ame on the move said...

Okay okay I just sent the email with the wedding dress. You should have it any minute. Your purple dress sounds very cool. I'm not sure if you can post a pic in a commont or not. If you email it to me along with a comment I'll post it all on the main page. You can be a guest blogger! Haha. I am turning into such a computer nerd. I'm dying of a grave illness today. Can't go to work. 102 fever...swollen tonsils, white spots on my throat...looks like srtep throat to me. Why why why am I cursed to get this every year of my entire life??? So I called my doctor, because I have an HMO now so I can only go to one doctor...and he is "not seeing any new patients today". Well that's just great. I'll just lie here with the chills and a headache and not be able to swallow anything till you decide to start taking new patients. Super. Sorry, I'm a little cranky about this. I guess I'll try to find an immediate care place. This cannot go on. I need drugs.

Amy