Monday, September 05, 2005

My kind of town..Chicago is...


Well, well. I had a really fun weekend in Chicago. It was so great to spend time with my girls and my family. I miss you guys a lot when I'm gone.

I spent Friday night with my sister, we had dinner at Beat Kitchen. That place was really good. I recommend it! We went there to eat and ended up sitting there yapping for about three hours! I love my sister. Linny said there were a lot of "thespians" there. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Not sure.

Saturday morning mom, Linny, Dana and I went to the Art Institute for the Toulouse-Lautrec and Montmartre exhibit. It was great! The only problem is that it made me want to go buy a plane ticket and go to Paris right this minute. (Unless Ed McMahon is about to come to my door with one of those huge cardboard checks, I don't really see that trip happening right now.) It was pretty cool to see all those paintings and pictures of places that I've actually been! Then Dana and I checked into our hotel, had a little nap and met the girls for our sixth annual girls' birthday dinner at Wildfire.
The food was really good and I had a delicious wild raspberry martini. But who is that weirdo in the back of our picture?? He is definitely not a GVC girl. It's like that Sesame Street song...one of these things is not like the other...One of these things just doesn't belong...Yeah buddy get your goofy self out of our picture! After dinner we set out for Rockit, Shenanigans and Mothers. A few drinks, a little dancing and some bad kareoke and before we knew it, it was 3:30am. We had so much fun! Girls' birthday dinner will be a tradition for the rest of our lives! Hooray!


Sunday was filled up with a BBQ at mom and dad's house. Ronnie took our orders and manned the grill like a pro. (Great baked beans dad. Delicious.) I'm still pretty dissapointed that Wesley didn't do a Ronnie impression though. I also feel a little bad that Jason had to blow out matches instead of candles. The effect isn't really the same. Better luck next year bro. Sunday night I made my first visit to Skores. Believe it or not, I had never been to a Norridge bar. It was a little weird to see so many Ridgewood people in one place but nice to talk to everyone I saw there.

I dragged myself off the couch at 5:45am and went to the airport. Thanks for the ride dad! Two plane rides later here I am back on the big red couch. Most of you know the big red couch. It is possibly the best couch ever made. Lucy and Rob were really happy to see me. The weekend went by so very fast and I feel like I barely even left Pensacola. But for those of you that I didn't get to see, don't worry, dry your eyes, I will be home for a week and a half at Christmas so there will be plenty of Amy to go around. Haha. Going home reminded me of how much I love Chicago and how much I love my friends and family. Life in Pensacola is good, I've made friends and I love my job, but...and this is corny beyond belief, I know...there really is no place like home.

Famous Amos

4 comments:

ame on the move said...

Linny you are not a tame loser, you are a responsible young adult. Does that make you feel better? I don't know if I could skydive or not, I might pee in my jumpsuit when I got to the edge of the plane. Lisa and Melissa and the twins have skydove (is that a word?) and liked it, but I'm not so sure it's for me. Sorry I didn't call you when I got home but I DID call you last night...alas...you were busy. I'm at work right now and the girls are practicing for a dance competition we are holding last period. This is gonna be REALLY interesting. We've got some pretty wild dancers here. We told them to keep it PG-13 but they usually end up dirty dancing. Yikes! It's 89 degrees here today and it feels so nice and cool. Is that a sign that I've been in Florida too long? That 89 degrees feels cool?

Anonymous said...

Hey, has anyone spoken to Jaybird since he went skydiving? Is he still in one piece? Yikes! I agree with you two, I think I could live the rest of my life without having the pleasure of jumping out of an airborne plane.

It was great to see all of you on Sunday night. It's a rare occasion that your entire family is available at the same time. Got to agree that those baked beans were delicious - everything was. Hats off to the chef, Ronald!

The girls (Em & Jaim) were glad to see their big cousins too. And I felt a little like I was at the animal shelter with all the dogs around. Today Em had to get 6 books on dogs at the library. They're going to drive me crazy until they can get a dog!

This afternoon the girls start dance class at the park. We had to run out and get Jaim some tap shoes because her clodhoppers are growing too fast! She's been wearing a leotard since about 8pm last night just to be ready in time for class at 3:45 today. What a ding-dong.

Well, just wanted to say hi and tell you and Linny (and Jason if he checks in) that I love you all very much and can't wait to see you again at Christmas. Linny - better not be that long before we see you!! Call me.

Love, Auntie Julie

Anonymous said...

Amy Thorn you are getting married and I had to read it on your BLOG?!

Is that the thanks I get for knowing you as long as I have?!
How did he propose? I want details! When is the wedding? I'll be in for Christmas, and I already told Dana I wanted to get together. Maybe you will join us, yes?

Vittoria

ame on the move said...

Vittoria Incandella!!! You are coming home for Christmas and I had to read about it on my blog??? Haha. Yeah I DEFINITELY want to see you. I'll be home Dec 22-29. How is Spain? Dana is talking about going to visit you in Spring. Esta bien? (Okay my Spanish is awful but my French is good...) I heard you had dinner with the Beckhams. You are so damn lucky. I want your life.

Love, Amy