Saturday, September 10, 2005

Rob and Lucy Continue to be in Love...


Yes, I have resigned myself to the fact that Rob will never love me as much as he loves Lucy. He says she is the love of his life. She gets many hugs and kisses from him every day. I do not. What a lucky girl she is...

Today I had to go to the Family Expo at the Pensacola Fairgrounds. This was a particularly southern event. They had a stage and people were (willlingly and without alcohol) doing the Macarena, Electric Slide and other dances that will not be done at our wedding. I watched and laughed. I did not join in. My job was to sit at the PACE Center for Girls booth and give out pens and tell people what it is that we do. After I was done being PR manager for the day I went to the blood drive bus and gave blood. I was waiting to donate and watching them try to stick the lady before me and let's just say it was less than reassuring. They were jamming that needle around in her arm, she was crying, it was a mess. I was a little nervous but luckily I have big veins. She only had to jam the needle around a little bit till I started to bleed. She said I'm a quick bleed and it only took about 6 minutes to fill my bag. What can I say, I'm a bleeding overachiever.

Nothing too exciting has happened here this week. It's still hot, I'm still working a lot, and Rob is still waiting to find out where and when he is going next. I saw the movie The Constant Gardener yesterday and it was really good. It's about a British diplomat living in Africa. His wife gets killed in this big conspiracy. I highly recommend it.

I hope you are all having a good weekend. Post comments and let me know. I love you guys!

Ames

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ame. I was just wondering how the gas saga turned out. It seems that you were not stuck sleeping at work this weekend...did they finally get some gas down there?

I too was once at a southern event called the "Winnie Rice Festival". That was when Mark and I went to stay for a weekend at a little Texan town with a couple I met on vacation. The rice festival was in the next town, the big town, and was complete with a fiddlin' contest (which one of our hosts participated in) and alligator patties (to eat, which I did not try). It's a whole other world down there. And, darn, I was hoping to do the Macarena at your wedding, oh well...maybe we'll make it up with an extra long "Hokey Pokey" instead, huh? LOL

Thanks for the info on the movie, we're always looking for a good flick to rent.

It's hot up here this week, too. Has to be in the 90's today. We had the church picnic and Rally Day and spent several hot hours out in the yard at church and the kids got filthy. They're in the tub now, fighting and washing off.

Em starts swimming lessons this week. (Same day as dance class, that should be interesting.) I taught my first art class Friday at our homeschool co-op group. Had 17 kids ages 5-7 and they were kind enough to give me 4 grown-up helpers. Maybe it was the panicked look in my eyes...

Have a good week. I'm going to get the two prunes out of the tub.

Love you, Auntie Julie

Anonymous said...

hello love,

Maybe you should have lucy be the ring bearer/flower girl at your wedding....or she can just stand in between you both...like when people have their kids be part of the ceremony type thing.
And I don't care what you say, I will be doing the Macarena at your wedding...and I'll get Rob to do it with me. I'm glad you are a bleeding overacheiver, I am too. Speaking of which...I need to donate again.
I'm doing not alot except going to school. Fun fun. Can't wait to get out of this place. I'm ready to be a grown up.

love ya,

jones

Anonymous said...

Hey Ame.

Just wanted to say "hi" and let you know that I'm staying caught-up on your adventures. I, too, am curious about how the gas situation was resolved. Did Rob come to the rescue, or was he too busy giving Lucy hugs and kisses?

Linney-bo-binney, good to hear from you, too. The pop-corn invitation to you and Wes is still open (indefinitely).

Bye for now!

Uncle Roj <8^O