Friday, September 23, 2005

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!!!

Hi guys,

So it's Friday and wow am I happy about that. This week has been...challenging...to say the least. The girls have been insane! I've had fights, runaways, murder threats, and 3 girls that want a new counselor because I apparantly suck. (those three girls actually changed their minds and decided to love me again after all...) Good thing I love these girls I guess. I went to the mall after work with my friend Amanda and saw two students there. They are everywhere. I can't get away. Haha. This week hasn't been too eventful. We went to the movies to see Lord of War with Nicholas Cage. It was way better then I expected, it's about drug running in Africa. I guess I am in an African movie kick lately. These kinds of movies really make ya think. Life in Africa is like a different world. Last night we went out for Mexican food which was delicious and watched the season premiere of CSI. I LOVE CSI. We watch the Vegas one which is the best. I am so addicted and have a big crush on Nick Stokes. It's on Thursday nights if you want to watch the new ones but re-runs are on Spike TV all the time. It's so so so so good.

How are you guys spending your Friday night? I'm going to spend my Friday night studying for the GRE. Graduate Record Examination. The bane of my existence. But...I want to go to grad school so I have to take the test. I can't believe how much math my brain has forgotten. I was once a calculus student. Now I can barely find the area of a circle. I have some serious learning to do between now and Novemeber 5th.

So have I told you we are moving into Pensacola next month? YES! We're moving out of Milton, away from the goat farm, away from the bible beaters, away from the barber shops that still cut a mean mullet...and to the land of civilization, a mere 5 minutes from my work, the mall, bars and restaurants and only 15 minutes from the beach! Hooray! I am so excited. We are moving from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom so it will be a little smaller but worth it to be in the land of the living. This does mean though, that if you come to visit you will have to sleep on the couch, no more spare bed...

Okeedokee folks, I'm gonna take Lucy out for a walk and crack the books. I am such a nerd, I know. I've decided not to fight it. I'll just be proud of my nerdiness. Hope you're having more fun tonight than I am!

Love,

Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it sure is nice to be appreciated. I'm sitting her waiting for a build to finish (my computer is compiling programs). It usually takes about an hour and a half. In the mean time, my little prototype handheld is broken, so I can't test any of my work right now.

Last Friday, Auntie Julie (henceforth abbreviated AJ) went out with friends and Auntie Laurie. She didn't get home until after 11:30. I took the girls to get primer for Em's bedroom from Home Depot. Then attempted to have dinner at Chile’s. There was an hour and a half wait, so we bailed on that idea (the girls would be a little hungry by 9:00). We went to Baker's Square instead. Even that place was packed, but I think most were finishing up because it cleared a lot shortly after we arrived. Either that or we smelled rather offensively that evening and didn't know it.

At any rate, the girls and I finished our dinner, went home and watched an episode of Star Trek Voyager (yeah, we're Trekker geeks), and the girls went to bed at about 9:30. Half hour later, Em calls out to me cuz she's scared cuz in the episode one of the male characters turns into some bizarre salamander-like creature as a result of crossing the warp-10 speed barrier. He proceeds to produce little salamander-like offspring with the help of the ship's female captain. Oooooh-kaaaay... We won't be watching that episode again.

I stayed up and (with a few interruptions because Emilie was still scared of salamander-man) watched last season's finally of Smallville (one of *my* favorite shows) so I can remember where this season's premier starts.

AJ finally got home and consoled Emilie (she's much better at that sort of thing than I am!). I told AJ that Em wanted her to wake her up to say goodnight, she said she already had, we kissed each other night-night and went to sleep shortly thereafter.

So, that was our Friday. Sorry yours wasn't as pleasant. Study hard! I'm excited about your move Ame! I love Calc (cuz I'm a geek) and Abnormal Psyche sound fascinating (cuz I'm also weird).

Luv y'all

- Unc <8^O

Anonymous said...

Hi there, it's me. My Friday night was spent with some of my best friends, Auntie Laurie, Sharon, Pame Jo and Sandy. We went for dinner to Guiseppe's. Dominica and Antionette were there so I talked to them a little while. Got caught up on my friends' lives and their adventures with their children. We commented on how we go out to get away from the kids then we talk about them most of the night! It's either that or talk about all our pains and ailments (boy are we getting old!)

It was nice to get out though and fun to see friends that I only see about 3-4 times a year.

Friday was the 2nd art class that I taught at our Enrichment Co-op. It's going better than I expected. The kids seem to enjoy the projects so far. This week we talked about shapes and they cut up pieces of construction paper and glued them together "collage-like" to make a picture. Next time they make an animal out of cardstock as we talk about structure. See the fun stuff you get to do when you have young kids?

I hope those "murder threats" you talked about were not against you, Amy. Now I'm going to worry about you...they better not lay a hand on you. Glad to hear you'll be closer to work and civilization. It will be easier for you. Did Rob hear anything about his new orders yet? I'm guessing not, otherwise you would have probably wrote about it.

Today is gray and gloomy and cool outside. Fall is coming...boo hoo. I love summer. But that's life in the big city.

My favorite TV show is Home Makeover. Watched the season premier last night and only needed one tissue, amazing! The show about the female president sounds like it will be good. It's on Tuesdays and I go to a Bible study group that night, but will tape it this week and see if it's worth it.
Thursdays we're at choir practice, so we don't watch anything but the news when we get home.

There's a new girl at church who joined the choir and she's just moved into the area. She's from Philadelphia, went to school in Akron, then moved to Chicago to try to get a firefighting job. When I found out that she's Linny's age I was surprised because she looks older. We have been inviting her over to do things/go places. She has no car and doesn't know anyone here. Her name is Lisa, and I invited her to spend Thanksgiving with us if she's in town with nothing to do. I just know that I'd hate for you to be all alone on a holiday far away from home, so I'd like to keep her company in the same situation. Maybe you guys can meet her some time.

Well, that's about all for now. Time to force the children to practice their music lessons! Later I will be taping the mouldings in the back room so that we can put on the 1st coat of primer tonight. Oh, that reminds me, I had a fun time washing the ceiling, closet and walls in the back room Thursday afternoon. It was almost 90 outside, we didn't have the air on because it was only supposed to be in the 70's, and I was a sweaty, slimy mess by the time I finished (2 1/2 hours!) What a work-out. My arms were killing me that night and are still a little sore. I hope Emilie will appreciate that some day - but probably not.

So, now that's probably more than you guys wanted to know...be careful what you ask for, Linny...sometimes you get it!
Love you both very much and miss you, too! xoxo

Auntie Julie