Monday, May 15, 2006

Should I stay or should I go now?

Hey fam-

Alaska is gorgeous this week, the weather is much nicer and I got to go ashore in Juneau yesterday. It was really a cute town. I walked around for a while, went to Juneau drug and then hung out at the Viking, which is a pub/pool hall were all the crew hangs out. There were three other ships in port with us so it was packed with crew from all over the world. It was really pretty cool! Last night I had kareoke night with the kids and today we have been sailing around Glacier Bay. I took more pics of the glacier (Margerie) and I'll post them soon. She looks different every week! More work tonight, but tomorrow I have the whole day off and only have to work 8-10pm so I'll get to go ashore in Sitka and enjoy. I feel like I was just there! Time is really starting to fly now. I'm trying to decide whether to request an extension and stay on a few more weeks. I don't feel quite ready to leave yet, and while I miss you guys a lot and especially miss my sister a SUPER LOT, I can't help thinking that when I get home I'll wish I'd stayed on a little longer. I haven't checked with the office yet so I don't even know if they'd approve me, but it's a possibility. I absolutely won't stay past the end of June though, don't worry Linny!!! I'm gonna toss it around a little more but probably have to ask within the next few days if I want a shot at staying. I'm sick again...can't kick this stupid cold, but it's not too bad, mostly just congestion and I keep losing my voice. I couldn't talk at all this morning and had to whisper directions to the kids. They all felt really bad for me and were really quiet all morning...maybe I should lose my voice more often!

Well I guess that's it for now. The pic is a shot of Juneau from the top of the ship. I'm going to download more pics and post soon so check back. Love you all very much and see you soon!

Famous

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, Sorry you're not 100%. I think that when you have time, you'd like to see our Alaska pictures. Once you've been somewhere the pics are alot more interesting! Hope you decide to stay and hope your offer is accepted. Talked to my niece Cindy in Maine and the whole lower part of the state is flooding with more rain in sight. She hasn't been able to teach for two days because the town she teaches in is isolated because of flooding, (7 inches in one day and plenty more to come). Waiting for 'Miss Linny' to show her pretty face around here.
Luv to All.........Granny

Anonymous said...

hi ame.1st Q:what day in june would you come back if you had an extension? i said that because my birthday is june 11th. love