Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I bought a new scarf.

Because Alaska is so cold!!! Today we are in Sitka, Alaska and it's really pretty. I'm going to post pics soon, I promise. It's a cute little town that sort of reminds me of Green Lake. Except they have a really good sushi restarant and I'm pretty sure there's no good sushi in GL...This was my first Alaskan port since I had IPM in Juneau and so far so good. There are no sandy white beaches...but the scenery is amazing and its really peaceful. Well folks this is short but I have to get to work. Tonight is spy night, then I'm going to see the White Brothers do their Beatles show, then I'm going to country night for some line dancing. Fun fun fun! Wow I am going to miss ship life.

Love Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,
So glad to hear that you appreciate the beauty of Alaska. Quite a change from the Caribbean but a different kind of 'serenity'.
Also happy to hear that you quit 'Rockin & Rollin'! That must have been terrible. Enjoy Alaska,
we always do. I've graduated from a walker to a cane during the day.
Still need the walker if I get up during the night.
Linny...CALL ME TODAY...PLEASE?
Love to All........Granny

Anonymous said...

Granny, you need to get Papa hooked up on this, he's missing out on this.

I like the Beatles too, Amy. Were they good?

Jaimee pulled out her loose tooth yesterday at lunch. She was eating an apple and the tooth was in the way, so she twisted it and pulled it out. That's the 2nd tooth she's pulled on her own.

GL probably doesn't have good sushi but it has good food, great scenery, Papa's boat and the new sunhouse! Can't beat that, especially since it's a good old vacation tradition spot.

Can't wait to see pictures of Alaska. I will show you pictures from our vacation when you get home.

love, em* (and mom who was the typist)