Sunday, April 20, 2008

Nice day for a white wedding!

Wow Shannon McDonough is MARRIED! Yesterday was a big day, I went to Shannon's wedding to her new husband Adam. She is the first one of all my high school friends to get married so it was really fun and exciting! Even better maybe was the fact that this was the first time since graduation that Shannon, Dana, Lisa, Kelly, Annette and I have all been together! We re-created our prom pic from 8 years ago (YIKES!) and all had a great time. Shannon looked amazing (see pics) and was serenaded by all her groomsmen during the reception. The church was in Hampshire, IL and the reception was in Crystal Lake. I went with Josh (Dana's boyfriend) and Ann (Dana's mom), and they were both excellent dates. Also, the wedding favors were delicious (see pic of me eating white chocolate lollipop). The suburbs sure are a different world though...felt like I was away on a trip again! Well, back home now, reading about children, families and the law. Tonight I'll be working at Ginger's if anyone wants to stop in!

xox
Ame



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! The pics from Germany are great. Makes me want to see more of Bavaria. Sounds like you did hit a lot of sights in only 2 days.

Congrats to Shannon & Adam. Isn't it strange when your friends start getting married? That's the same thing that happened to me 17 yrs ago. I went to 6 weddings in 3 months. Then they all start having kids...

Won't be long now 'til you have your 10 yrs high school reunion.

Well, just wanted to say I liked your pics. That King Ludwig was a crazy guy. We saw one of his palaces when we went to Austria and did some sight-seeing in Munich.

The kids and Roj are playing Star Wars Lego on the Wii...lots of noise going on in the living room. I try to stay out when they're all rambunctious with that game.

See you next Sunday. I hope the weather will be nice, otherwise I told Auntie L that you could use my living room for the pic if needed.

Love you, (and of course Linny too)
Auntie J.

Melissa said...

Hi Amy! I tell you, you have the most exciting life of anyone I know! I am planning a surprise trip to Ireland for Joe. Any suggestions? Looks like things are going great!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah...so far no one else is engaged so i dont have any more weddings in the newar future...but dana has one every weekend for the rest of the summer i think! Hi to all the kiddies, see you guys on Sunday!

xo
ame