Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Munich was GREAT!

Hi Everybody,

Well, Munich was fantastic! We did a lot of sightseeing in a little bit of time...These pics are: Me having a Radler (beer mixed with lemonade) at the Chinese Tower beer garden, where we also had some bratwurst, levakase (bologna-flavored meatloaf thing), dumplings, and of course, pretzels...A monument in the Englischer Garten which is bigger than Central Park...Me being confused in the U-Bahn tunnel...Double fisting dark radlers at Hofbrauhaus (the most famous German beer garden...they were HEAVY!!!)...and finally Neuschwanstein Castle on the German/Austrian border. It was SO PRETTY! King Ludwig of Bavaria had it build in the late 1800's and he dedicated it to Wagner's operas...strange...he even had a whole room build to look like a cave and grotto scene in one of the operas. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but it was really cool. We took a two hour train ride to get there, spent about an hour at the castle and then had dinner at a cute bistro in the village below. We ate a ton, went to a carnival (my new main pic), saw all kinds of famous buildings, squares and monuments, and of course had plenty of german beer. We were only there for two days but we covered a lot of ground. I posted a lot more of the pics on my myspace page, which is www.myspace.com/ameonthemove so if you look there and click on "pics" there are about 60 or 70 shots from the trip. Back home now and back to the grind. I have three papers to write this week...Yikes! Wish me luck! I think I'll go visit Linny at the Four Treys for a while, then get to bed early. I'm not really jet-lagged, but I am tired... See you all soon for the family pic.

xox
ame














































No comments: