Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break '08 Baby!

Hi everybody,
Sooo...I finished writing my last final on Tuesday morning, phew! Then I went to meet my friend Evelyn from D.C. who was in town for a conference at the Hilton on Michigan Avenue...ooh la la... We had a great dinner at The Italian Village on Monroe, have you ever been there? It's really cute. It's decorated to look like you're sitting in at outdoor courtyard in Italy somewhere. So we had A LOT of food and some chocolate mousse for dessert...mmmm...and then I stayed over at her hotel which had the comfiest big beds ever. Wednesday I went to my internship for a few hours, then when Ev finished her conference around 2:00 she came to see my office and we did a little sightseeing downtown. We walked through Millenium Park, made the hike over to Navy Pier, shopped at Borders, had some Starbucks, and then it was time for Ev to catch her flight back to D.C. It was a great day! Today, Linny and I brought some groceries down to Theresa's house on the south side, and then we took two of her daughters shopping downtown for the day. They're on spring break this week too and they said we saved their break...they've been sitting home bored all week. Hooray for us! We all bought some shoes, except for Linny, got some delish Garrett's popcorn and had a smoothie at Watertower Place. Another great day. So we aren't spending spring break on a white sandy beach somewhere...but we're still having a pretty good time. I'm working at the bar the rest of the weekend, but I don't go back to school till April 1st. Oh how I love sleeping in. Well that's all that's new and exciting around here. Dana's in Las Vegas with Josh and Linny and I are watching a movie with Toulouse. Three months from now I'll be in Europe...but until then I'll be right here on the big red couch. Love you all!

Ame
(and Linny and Toe)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I hope this one goes through. My last two comments got lost in cyber space. I used to go to the Italian Village about 100 years ago...in the early 50's when I worked downtown. Haven't got your reply as to where we'll see you on Friday. Let me know. Your spring break sounds like it's been a lot of fun.
Luv..........Granny

Anonymous said...

I had lots of fun with you and I miss you!