Monday, March 10, 2008

Can it please hurry up and be summer?


Buon Giorno! I think that's hello in Italian...now I've just got to learn some Greek. This is my itinerary for the summer, pretty cool, huh? The map shows a 24-day cruise that I'll do about four times while I'm there. Venice is going to be our home port so we'll be there every 12 days or so, stopping for an overnight. That'll be really nice, because usually you get to a port in the morning and have to be back on the ship by 7 or 8 at night. It'll be great to have two or three days there at a time. Uncle Lee is still trying to figure out what would be the best ship job for him now that I found out that the clocks change themselves when you go to a different time zone. He had his sights set on being the clock changer...so now we have to come up with an alternative. I just found out that one of the girls I sailed with in Alaska will be with me this summer so that's cool, it's always nicer to get to a ship where you know someone. (Not that I have a hard time talking to new people...haha...) The hardest part about all of this is that I have to keep all my tattoos covered while I'm working. THAT will be a challenge. Looks like it's long sleeved shirts for the summer. Luckily the ship is super air-conditioned. Right. Well. Just thought I'd share my little map with you. If anyone wants to come visit me you can stay in the penthouse suite for the bargain price of about $20,000...
xo
ame

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ame,

Do you get the employee discount on that penthouse suite?

Will you be working with kids/youth again on this cruise ship?

Looks like a pretty nice itinerary. I'd love to see Santorini. You'll have to post some snapshots of the scenery so I can live vacariously through your travels...ha ha

Love ya,
Auntie J.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'll be youth staff again. They changed the staffing around a little so there's not really a youth program director position anymore, just staff. So I don't think I'll technically be in charge of anyone this time. I'll be the only youth staff on board in August/September though, so I'll be a one-woman show. I'll send pics for sure...I was in Ireland for three weeks and took 500 pictures, so I'm planning on taking about 10,000 this summer!

How are all the kiddies? It must be a bit of a mad house there sometimes!

XO
ame