Monday, April 17, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY!!!




Hi Granny! I talked to Johnny Mathis and he wanted me to post this picture for you and send you a special birthday wish. He's really sorry he couldn't call you himself, but he is very busy doing something important, like, um, singing? Or posing for cool 1980's style pictures? Or something? Anyway he was really sorry and will try to make it to Norridge next year to serenade you, but for now he wanted to be sure you knew that he is your biggest fan and he loves you dearly, but knows that he could never steal you away from Grandpa so he won't even try, because that would just hurt his pride when you reject him. He will settle for admiring you from afar. He hopes you have a fantastic birthday and would like you to play a few of his songs while you celebrate your day.

I, on the other hand, just want to wish you a happy birthday and would not like you to play any of my songs, except maybe the cassette tape of me singing "Tomarmow, Tomarmow"...just a thought...for your listening pleasure. I hope you have a great day and that you do something very fun and enjoyable, like get a facial or a manicure, or go to the beach, or have a nice dinner or go to a piano bar...or something else that will make you happy.

Love you very much!!

Everyone else, feel free to send B-day wishes to Granny via this blog. Open forum.

Love you all!

Famous Amos

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ame, that was awesome of you to forward the very personal messege to Granny from Johnny! "Famous Amos"? Remember when we used to call you that and you'd yell, "DON"T CALL ME FAMOUS AMOS!!!!" You probably don't remember that...Glad you're still having a ball! Take care, Love you! Auntie La

ame on the move said...

Ah yes I remember...but I used to yell "dont call me Amos Bo Bamos!!!"

Anonymous said...

linny that's kinda gross....

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) birthday, Mom!

You're the best M-I-L a guy could have!

- Unc <8^O

Anonymous said...

Thanks to everyone for the greetings and phone calls but especially to you Amy. That was the best present I could get (except for Johnny himself!). I have the "Tomarmow" tape somewhere but it got all tangled up and Jim DeStefano tried to fix it but it's not quite the same. Did nothing all day but answer phone calls and tried to do a little house cleaning (very little) 'cuz I don't know when I'll be back in commission after next Tuesday. Last year I spent 11 days in the hospital/rehab and they tell me that this time I'll go home on the 3rd day so I guess I'll have to sit on the curb for a week or two because I sure won't be able to get up the front stairs! The high-light of my day was to watch the BULLS come from 16 points behind and beat the Magic by 4 points!!! One more game to go before the play-offs! I'll do my partying when you come home...and ...Rob...I'll let her have fun...but not too much fun...and she'll have to be with me at all times!
Luv to all,
Granny

ame on the move said...

Linny, please don't shrivel up. I'm sorry you are dehydrated and I miss you a lot lot lot too. I love you like a fat kid loves cake. June 9th will be here before you know it!!!

Love to All