Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy April 21st



Hi Guys,

Wow you are all commenting champions! I love when I get new comments, it totally brightens my day. Today we are transiting the Panama Canal, going all the way thru to the Pacific. We are on Chicago time right now and will be going thru more locks this afternoon around 1 or 2 pm. If you are by your computer, go to www.pancanal.com and click on the Miraflores Locks...you may be able to see our ship on the camera! (m.s. Zaandam, big ship, blue and white)

Tonight we have an overnight in Amador, Panama which is near Panama City. I have the night off so I think I'm going out for a nice dinner somewhere. In a few days we will be in Puntarenas, Costa RIca, where I will be going on another Jungle Zip Cord tour though the rainforest. I'm so exicted! I'll try to take pics and not lose my camera. Pretty soon we will be in Alaska, and while the scenery will be gorgeous, the weather may turn cold. I'm enjoying the heat while I can.

Sorry that today's picture isn't anything to special, its me on the beach in Half Moon Cay with the ship in the background. I'm gonna miss that beach, it's so pretty...Time is really flying for me and I can't believe I'll be home in 7 weeks. Well, time to go back to work, and by work I mean go have a bubble gum chewing contest, play catch phrase, make lizard key chains, and other very strenous activities. Haha. Love you all a lot.

Famous

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ame. I can brighten up your day.

We tried to look at your boat in the Panama Canal but we were too late. The locks were empty.

I hope you enjoy your nice dinner somewhere. We'll be at the dance recital tonight at 7 p.m. I'm dancing to the songs: Just like that old time rock and roll, and From a Distance. Jaimee's songs are: Iko, Iko and You and Me Together. We will get a CD of the whole show so we can show you our dances when you get back home.

Make sure you bring a poncho on that rain forest thing-a-ma-bobber. Hope you don't lose your camera, put it in your pocket. Did you bring your long underwear for Alaska? It's been really nice out here. We are doing our lessons outside and eating lunch outside every day.

Make sure you don't get bitten by any lizards.

Love, Em

ame on the move said...

I'm not afraid of lizards...only snakes. I have two rainjackets but no ponchos...Maybe I will make one out of a garbage bag like gramma used to make us when we were little. It just rained on us really hard but we are almost thru the end of the canal now and going to drop anchor soon. Good luck at your recital!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy Just got back From MI taking care of Kiley for the week what fun and saw the fantastic News about your scholarship congrats that is great we are very proud of you Love Uncle Jim and Aunt Donna

Anonymous said...

Hi Ame,

The girls both did well at the recital. Your mom and G&G came to see them, then we went to Baker's Sq for dessert. Tonight they have another performance, same show.

Have fun on the Zip Cord tour. That looked like it was a blast from the vid we saw at Christmas. Costa Rica is supposed to be beautiful. Where's your "home" port on the Pac side? Up near Vancouver?

Gotta run. Have Mt. Washmore (laundry) to tackle. Have to have the girls tights clean and dry for today's performance.

Love you, Auntie J.

ame on the move said...

Oh how is Kiley doing? I've never met her in person...

Em and Jaim...good job on the recital! Can't wait to see the video!

Whats up with the Ondrla Clan? Miss you guys a lot!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Sometime early tomorrow I go to the hospital so I'll have to see if I can get Grandpa to BLOG...but don't count on it. Your Mom is going with us to be with Grandpa for the day. I have no idea how long I'll be there. It was 11 days last time and this time the nurse said "You may go home the third day". I told her that I hope the weather is good because I will have to sit on the curb for a week or two before I can get up the front stairs! Nothing new here...just trying to get things in order for my 'vacation'. Hope Linny comes over tonight to see about the plane tix.
Luv to all.......Granny

ame on the move said...

Granny!

If you check this before you go to the hospital, GOOD LUCK!!! LOVE YOU A LOT!!!

I talked to Linny and she said she wasn't feeling well tonight and didn't go to your house. Don't worry, still plenty of time till the trip.

Okay well I will call as soon as I can, love you very much and hope youre operation is a great success. Keep an eye on your pancreas.

Love, Amy