Monday, September 11, 2006

Hello from "The Wellington"

That's what my dad calls our new place. The Wellington. Yes I guess we are very posh over here. Sooo...here's what's been going on lately:

I got a job working at Ginger's Ale House on Ashland, so I'll be there most weekends either waiting tables or bartending. Woo hoo! I have about two straight weeks of orientations going on now, first at Jewish Child and Family Services (where I will be interning on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the entire school year), then downtown for my fellowship program (they're even putting us in a hotel Friday night so we can't escape! yikes!) and then next week will be orientation for University of Chicago, where I'll meet my "cohort" which is the group of students with whom I'll have all my classes for the entire year. Hopefully I'll like them because we'll be spending A LOT of time together...classes, projects, etc...then finally, the week after that, I start classes. So I will be running around like a headless chicken for the next few weeks. What's new I guess...

Other than that, our apartment is very very cute and is all done except for being painted. I'd like to have a little come see our new place party but not till after we paint and Linny and I both have the same night off...that's rare. Linny has been very busy too with school and her new internship, but I'll let her tell you about that next time she posts. Lucy is doing great, she really likes her new home and is sleeping on the couch in a little ball at the moment. She wants to play with Gus the bunny, but Gus is scared of her and I'm a little scared she might try to eat him.

Well that's all the excitement I have for now...I have a full day orientation on the JCFS computer system tomorrow AND Thursday, so my life is just too crazy for words...

Love you all.

Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

¡Hola Señoritas! ¿Como Están?

Glad to see you're almost settled into your new place. Let me know if you need any celing fans installed ;-) I'm pretty good at doing those types of things.

You're not far from my bike route to/from work. Maybe I can stop by and take a gander/say "Hi" on the way home from work?

Love y'all!

- Unc <8^O

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I sent a message yesterday but I guess that, once again, I'm 'lost in space'.
I've heard of "The Wellington on Arlington' but never "The Wellington on Wellington'. Nice name though. It was nice seeing you for lunch yesterday and thanks for my Dam cup!(It's for Green Lake). Maybe when you & Linny have a day or two we can get together and look at all of your pictures from on the ship & France.
In fact, if you can set up a time we can get the Stollers & Ondrlas (and anyone else who wants to come...we can sit in layers) to come over so you'll only have to narrate it all one time. (Sometime when things slow down for everyone).
Luv..............Granny

Anonymous said...

Hey girls,

Hope you are all settled in now. (Today's 9/28) We'd love to see the Wellington when you have a chance, and all the photos as Grandma has suggested.

We're just trucking along here. Nothing new except our roof, but that's not too exciting.

Love you both and hope to see you soon.

Auntie J.