Saturday, September 30, 2006

Im drowning in social work reading!

Hi everyone.

Grad school is time consuming! So I have finally finished with all the orientations, meetings, workshops, etc and got thru my first week of classes without too much trouble. The reading load is immense but I have a study group so we are splitting things up to make it manageable. My professors are very good and I haven't started my intership yet (I will this week) but my supervisor is nice and I think I'll learn a lot. I have to apologize ahead of time, but for the next few months I will probably be missing in action. I have class on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and internship in Northbrook on Tues and Thurs and I work at Gingers on Saturdays and Sundays. As you can see...not much in terms of free time. I do have SOME Friday afternoons/evenings free so maybe we can plan something soon? I still haven't seen the Ondrlas since I got back!

On Monday I'm going to a break fast for Yom Kippur. I'm supposed to cook something for the potluck but I have no idea when I'l have time. Maybe I'll just buy something at Jewel...I know that's cheating...

Our place is good, out building manager is here now doing some repairs on our kitchen sink...Jason is over too, watching the NU game. They're losing... :( ...and Linny is in Indy this weekend with Matt. She's doing well but very very busy too. She is working at the Pilsen/Little Village Mental Health Clinic doing drug and alcohol counseling. She has her own clients now and is learning a lot but not getting paid...gotta love internships. Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays she has class at Triton and she's still bartending on Tuesday nights.

Well, I'm procrastinating and should be reading about the history of social work in the U.S. since 1890. How is everyone? Let me know whats going on in the outside world!!

Love,

Amy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all.

A few things going on here. I'll let you judge their interest-worthyness. I had ESWT (extracorporial shockwave therapy) done on my heel last Friday. They basically shot my heel with high-energy sound waves for about 10 minutes. Hopefully in a month or so, I can start running again. I don't think I'll be riding my bike to work in the winter.

Got a new roof last weekend, and this weekend Grandpa help me install the last 3 of six glass-block windows in my basement (5 years after the first three were done). Nothing like finishing a project, eh? Meanwhile A.J. and the girls went to a fall fest at a farm in Schaumburg and the girls got to do all sorts of things that they really liked. I'll let A.J. fill in the details.

After 9 months, I still like my current job. I'm still learning the ropes. The options trading industry is quite confusing and complex. Occasionally I wonder if it's over my head.

I passed up Jason while riding my bike home a week ago. He was turning onto Gunnison from behind the shopping center at Harlem and Lawrence. That truck looks good on you, J!

Well, I'll see y'all when you can climb out from underneath all that work you ladies have. Don't be strangers! Stop by any time (you too, J).

Love y'all!

- Unc <8^O

P.S.: Go Bears!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ame,

Just thinking about you and Linny and hoping you are both well. Not too much new here. Doing school work, music practice, etc...

Hope you're enjoying your classes and getting valuable experience at the internship.

Love you both,
Auntie J.

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Your last blog was three weeks ago.
Take a few minutes and let us know what's going on with people at "The
Wellington".
Luv.............Granny

Anonymous said...

Hi Kiddo! Last I knew it was the end of summer-and here we are -Halloween-! Sorry-I haven't been checking your blog since. I had a herniated disk in my back and a pinched siatic nerve back in August. With that everything stopped for a month. Well, school started and now here we are...I'm teaching We-e Care 2 days a week (subbing for a friend on Thursdays who had surgery on her wrist) and subbing Preschool one day a week wherever there's a need. I'm going for physical therapy 2 days a week for my back. It's good. I feel like I've enlisted in the Army..my doctor is very into core strength training. I'm using muscles that I haven't used in years! Very sore right now but I know that will change in a few weeks. It'll be good. Glad you girlies are in your new home. We'd love to come see it sometime. It WILL be dificult to get a time when either one of you are home, though. We'll have to play it by ear, no?
Since none of your cousins are doing any fall sports, it's been fairly relaxing, here. It's so nice to not have to chase to practices and games for once. The boys go out and skateboard every day. Sam has dance one day a week and choir at school one day.
Ronnie broke his wrist 10/10...He now has a black cast for Halloween.(Started with a red one). Just a couple more weeks until that comes off. I don't know if you've heard-Ry is going to have surgery this Thursday. It's an out-patient procedure-at Children's. We'll be right near your neighborhood, I think. Nov. 2 I am running the activity night for 5th grade at Sam's school-Nov. 9th for the 6th grade at Ry's school. Whew. It'll be New Year's before I know it. Uncle Ron's sister, Debbie had her baby three weeks ago-did you know she was expecting? Probably not. Well, she had a girl, Sydney. They are doing great. Well, good luck to you both in your interships. I know you'll be working very hard with that and with school. I am so proud of you both. You're good girls! I am praying for you for strength, enthusiasm, guidance, good health, safety and all those things you'll be needing particularly right now. Don't wear yourselves out. Take time to take care of you! Love you both, Auntie La