Monday, March 06, 2006

Helmet Hair



Like our new hat??? A few nights ago someone brought a helmet to the OB (officer's bar) and by the end of the night I'm pretty sure everyone had a turn wearing it. Silly? Yes. Funny? Absolutely. Who knows what kind of pror could show up next??? Things are good here, I only have one teen on board this cruise so I'll be bouncing around between teens and kids for next ten days. Should be fun. We were in Half Moon Cay today and it was really gorgeous. I'm getting tanner by the minute, if tanner is a word. We got underway a little while ago and now are on the way to Aruba. We will get there the day after tomorrow. Sea tomorrow so that means lots of hours of work, but the group of kids this cruise is really cute and I think it will be a lot of fun. We are getting an extra Club HAL staff next cruise so I'll be sharing my room for 20 days, then she leaves and I'll be on my own for 30 days, then we will get extra staff again when we get to Alaska. I like having my own room, but hopefully Christine will be nice and we'll get on well.

Last night was a fun night, we all went up to the cruise director's cabin and watched RENT. It was great! (RENT is my favorite musical, I have seen it seven times on stage!) The cast, myself and two cruise staff all went. The CD had all kinds of food for us, drinks, desserts, it was quite a little party! She is leaving in a few days so it was sort of a send off for her as well.

I'm taking a week off from going to the bar. I've been running 3 miles a day, but then drinking and eating all those calories right back on my behind, so I think a little healthy living is in order for a while. Next cruise four of my friends will be leaving so there will be plenty of partying to be done. Better save up my energy for then.

Well family, a lot of you will be cruising soon too, too bad not on HAL with me! Hope you have an awesome time, take lots of pictures!

Sister, I love you a super lot and hope you're having a good day at school today, I think it is Monday. Have fun with MB this weekend!!! Okay I'm sure I'll talk to you before then but just in case. I heart him for you.

Alright that's all I've got for now. What's up with everyone else besides packing?

xoxo

Amy

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Groovy hat,Ame.Besides packing-SHOPPING!And lots of it!I've almost got us set to go.I can't wait to see the kids reactions to the plane & boat...It will be a thrill.Yes, please give the liver a chance to detox-very important, Ame.Before you know it you're old like me and Listerine gives you a hangover...I'm so glad you're havin a ball.What an incredible life experience you are taking in!Good for you-you go girl!Talk to you soon.(We eill be sure to take lots of pics to show everyone.) Love, Auntie La XO PS-R U using plenty of sunscreen?

ame on the move said...

SPF 23 on my face, SPF 4 everywhere else. i know i will get wrinkles later. im willing to live with that. :)

love ame

Anonymous said...

Hey there. Nice hat! Going for the Stalag 17 look? You probably don't even know about the old tv show, "Hogan's heroes". It reminds me of the German helmets in that show. Oh well.

Great news...Em passed level 2 swimming last night, yeah!!! She'll get lots of practice working on her skills in Florida. Jaimee says that Papa can help Em practice and Gaga can help her practice. I said there's one problem...Gaga doesn't go in the water.

Other than that no big news. Just chillin'. The girls have the living room chairs put together with blankets to make a fort and are playing "Star Trek" as far as I can tell by the conversation. Their father has turned them into little "trekkies".

Sounds like more good times in paradise for you! Hope your new roommate is nice - at least it's only for 20 days. And keep up the sunscreen. It's not the wrinkles that matter - it's the skin cancer - definitely not attractive.

Love you - and you, too, Linny! (Hey, who's MB? Is that the guy we saw a picture of on your phone at Brunetti's?)

Auntie J.

Anonymous said...

What's with the gal you're with? She looks somewhat distracted (perhaps not too happy to have her pic taken with the helmet?)? You, on the other hand, look quite content and giddy. Glad to see you're having a blast.

Linny, come get your cookies! Bring a friend (MB?), have dinner, stay a while. Let us get to know you better ;-)

Love y'all!

- Unc <8^O

ame on the move said...

Haha...no the other girl wearing the helmet is making a funny face on purpose. She is an actress in the cast and kind of a ham. Congrats to Em on her swimming! I bet you are a better swimmer than I am now! Good luck getting gramma in the water. If you do (and get pics to prove it) I will take you out for a fab dinner when I get home. LOL...

Love you and miss you too Linny.

Later Gators

Amy

Anonymous said...

That's one bet you won't have to worry about loosing. No way!

The Celulite Queen

ame on the move said...

HAHA...okay good!

I'm Marian the Librarian today. We are in Aruba but I have IPM so no fun in the sun for me. I'll be working. Jeez, can you believe I actually have to work for my money and not just go to the beach and have fun???

No Fair!

XOXOX

Anonymous said...

To Granny,

Sorry the HumVee thing fell through but I'm like a fish in the water...you'll be swimming the english channel in no time.

Rob

Anonymous said...

Rob,
My daughters say that I'm so afraid of water that I wear a life jacket in the bath tub, (and that's not too far from the truth).

Poor Amy, having to work for a living!!! Jason dropped by yesterday and got a mini-lecture from Granny on behaving on his trip. Like everyone else, he probably won't listen to me.

We're at the countdown now. We leave two weeks from tomorrow.
Luv to All.........
Granny

Melissa said...

Amy-
You look great girl! I'm so proud out you for running so much. Your pictures are awesome. It looks like you're having a great time. Lay out in the sun for me! I'm jealous! Ok, I'll be checking back soon.
Melissa

ame on the move said...

HI MELISSA!!!

I miss you a lot! I hope you're doing ok, I heard PACE is a little rough these days. I will give you a call when I am back in port on the 15th. Email me if you have a chance and let me know what's going on. I heard about your grandfather from Amanda. I'm really sorry. Hope you're doing okay. Okay sweetie talk to you soon.

LOVE AMY