Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Buenas Dias Mi Familia

Hi everyone,

A lot of you are on vacation right now so I'm not expecting a whole lot of comments for a while but I figured an update was in order. Today we were in Costa Rica and of course, I went to the beach. It's the cheapest form of entertainment and I really do love it. We went to playa bonita, the usual, and had lunch at restaurant quimbamba, also the usual. I went with Steve, my beach date. (You see him in many pictures, he is the tall guy with dark hair.) It was kinda overcast today and rained a little but was still really warm and the water was fun, lots of waves. I suppose being so close to the rainforest you are bound to get rained on. Everything is going really well here, same as always except we have 52 kids on board this week. We had only been expecting 30 so you can bet we are really really busy. Three staff is really not much for all those kids. I have been working 14 hour days on sea days, but I was off all day today and don't have to work till 8pm. Tonight is "Mysterious Spy Night" and the kids will be going on a photo scavenger hunt. I like it because I get to send them off and hopefully have some peace and quiet! :) A few of my friends will be leaving the ship this week in Ft Lauderdale, but another friend of mine, Brandon, the guy who helped me get the job, will be coming on...so that will be nice. I have been keeping up the running, but I did slack a little this cruise because I've been working so many hours. I got back into the gym today though so hopefully I'll be back on track now. One of the spa girls told me I have gained weight since coming on board!!! I didn't think I had, but maybe it's true...I don't have a scale so I have no idea. Oh well, what do you expect with all-you-can-eat buffets for three meals a day!

Exciting news...Rob is driving down to visit me this Ft. Lauderdale. It's about an 8-9 hour drive so I think he is a little crazy considering I'll only have a few hours off, but it will be really nice to see him. I can't believe its been almost 2 months since I left P'cola! We will be going to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, my FAVORITE! (Don't be jealous GVC girls!)

PACE friends, I hope you are still reading the blog, I miss you all and look forward to seeing everyone in August. I've heard that school has been kinda rough lately...hang in there. Email me whenever you have a chance and let me know whats up! (amythorn14@hotmail.com)

Sister, I hope you had a super fun time in the DR and are very tan. I'll call you when I get to Ft. Laud on Saturday, I think you will be home by then.

Hugs and Kisses to all!!

Amy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

We're all packed & leave the house at 7:30 tomorrow AM via the Thorn Limo Service. Will get back to you April 3rd.

Luv, Granny & the Gang

Anonymous said...

I finally figured out how to post on this thing! It must be crazy on board with 52 kids. Next time we talk I have to tell you all about the hockey game...:)

I'm off to Philly this weekend and then Lewisburgh PA for staff retreat. I'll be back next Thursday.

EV

ame on the move said...

Ohh staff retreat! Always a good time! I hope you had an awesome time at the hockey game...I want all the deets!

love you, amy

ame on the move said...

sister!!! i am here. i was online earlier but you were apparently sporting some spandex at the gym?? how'd that go? i was running 3 miles a day for about a month but then last cruise i slacked off big time. trying to get back on track now but its not easy. i guess eating a big plate of nachos today didnt help either. how was your trip? how is MB? how is school? how is yin? i cant believe how long its been since i talked to you. i dont like it. tomorrow im going with steve to get his cartilige pierced and im thinking about piercing the little part of my ear that sticks out in the middle, you know what i mean? what do you think of that? hmm...but it would be hard to find a clear earring to put in for work...hmmm...after that we are going to the beach in curacao...so it will be a fun day. we're in aruba today but i have IPM so steve and christine (my roomate) and i went to the pool and had nachos. ok i guess thats all thats going on with me today. go online more so i can talk to you!!! xoxoxox

ame