Sunday, December 11, 2005

More New Spectacles

nu=3244>756>549>WSNRCG=323336;64;847nu0mrj"> Hi Readers!!!

I'm sorry it's been so long, but I really had a hard time getting back into the swing of things after vacation. Can I just say we had a fantastic time? As you can see in the photo, we all went to the eye doctor together before the trip and found out that we were all a little near-sighted. We didn't want to miss any of the scenery so we all got some new glasses. Don't we look stylish? Haha. We wore these all over the ship. The crew laughed their butts off at us. Among other things, we went kayaking, saw sea lions and whales, and zip-corded through the jungle from treetop to treetop. Linny and I got facials, layed by the pool, and we all experienced the highlight of our lives watching a man dressed as a mostly naked dear leap around the stage and then die a very dramatic death in Mazatlan, Mexico. It was a once in a life time experience. I was so very sad to leave the ship, but alas, I have news. I have been offered a job to come back to the ship for two weeks over Christmas break to work in the youth program. I will be a youth counselor on board and do stuff like face painting, playing board games, basketball, volleyball, movie nights, pool olympics, arts a crafts and more (I'm not sure what else but there must be more if we are supposed to keep these kids busy for the whole cruise so their parents can have fun doing grown up things...). The cruise line will fly me back to San Diego, supply me with all the delicious food I can eat, and PAY ME to cruise for two weeks and play with kids. Is this a dream?? No. It is reality. Cool, right? If everything works out and they like me and I like them, I may be able to work full time over the summer before I start grad school! Sooo...the other big news is that I am going to be moving back to Chicago in February-ish. While I love my job here...is a job really enough to keep me in Florida when all my friends and family are in Chicago? I will miss my new friends here, but I think it is time for me to spend some time back home. It may be short or long term, depending on if I get hired back on the ship and where I get accepted to grad school. But either way, I'll be home soon and unemployed at least for a little while so I'll have time to visit everyone! I'm going to be living back at my mom and dad's till I figure out what the heck is going on with work and school, so that's where you'll be able to find me (and Lucy too, of course). That's pretty much it, although I guess that is a lot. I'm going to miss everyone on Christmas, I've never missed Christmas before...but I will try to call, and we can have a belated Christmas when I come home. Love you guys...

Amy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Have a great time, earn a lot of money and.......HURRY BACK HOME!!

Maybe you can squeeze a few days in for Green Lake when you come back home, (of course Lucy is invited too)!

Luv, Granny & Grandpa

Anonymous said...

I also was sad to get off of the ship and get back to the real world. We had such a great time and I can't wait to do it again some day. It is amazing how much fun you can have with $2.99 glasses.
Love,
Auntie Ronni

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are all back and in one piece. The boat gig sounds great, Ame. We'll miss you at Christmas-great that we'll be seeing more of you back home, though. You just go and have yourself a 'fabulouso' time and be sure to keep in touch. Love you! Hi Linny! Yes, pls call me-XO Aunite La

Anonymous said...

test 123 dadoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

ok then i think i have it mastered/.,/.,/.,dad...