Tuesday, August 30, 2005

How is Lucy doing?...and other news

Hi guys,

If you didn't know, Lucy recently had surgery. (She lost her womanhood.) She has recovered just fine but she wasn't too happy for a while. She had to wear a cone around her head for a while so she wouldn't lick too much. She HATED it! She wouldn't walk forward with it on, only backwards. So...for about a week she moonwalked all over the apartment. She was pretty happy to be done with it. She's sleeping on the couch with me right now. For those of you that know Lucy, you know she used to be a terror. Since moving to P'cola she has been so good! I guess it's because Rob trained her. She listens to him all the time, he takes her out off the leash and she does whatever he tells her to. She still totally ignores me. Oh well.

In other news, we made it through Hurricane Katrina with no major problems. We lost power for a few hours and lost cable for about a day. Lots of wind and rain, 3 days off work, that's about it. I feel awful for the poor people of New Orleans. That city won't be the same for a long time. Thanks to everybody that called and worried about us. It's nice to be thought of.

Work is going well, I'm a counselor at the PACE Center for Girls. It's a private school for at-risk girls age 12-18. (
www.pacecenter.org if anybody wants to know more about it) I love my job. The girls are crazy, fun, dramatic and exhausting but I'm never bored and I love it when something I say actually sinks in. Most of the girls have had pretty rough lives so far (poverty, addict parents, abuse, etc.) and this stuff has gotten in the way of their education. At PACE we help them deal with all their outside issues so that they can be successful in life. It's an uphill battle sometimes but it's really rewarding. Plus I work with a lot of really awesome people. I added a pic of my office for ya too. (Yes, I have my own office!)

Well I think that's all for now. Thanks for reading and if you want, post comments and let me know what's up with you. Love you!


Amy

No comments: