Friday, February 29, 2008

Emerald Isle





Hi everybody,

Well I just got home from a three week trip to Ireland and IT WAS GREAT! I had so so so much fun. We spent a few days in Dublin, then 10 days traveling around the country, and then another week back in Dublin. We went on a tour of an old prison in Cork City, saw a bunch of monkeys and other animals at the Fota Wildlife Park, went hiking to a cool waterfall in Killarney National Park, and spent two nights on the Irish speaking Aran Islands which has three thousand year old ruins and amazing cliffs dropping off into the Atlantic. We mostly stayed in B&Bs with some really entertaining owners, but splurged a few nights for nice hotels, and ate and drank A LOT. It was such a blast! Back in Dublin we went to the Guiness brewery and Christ Church Cathedral, St. Stephen's Green and Trinity College, where we saw the Book of Kells. I even changed my flight to spend two extra days because I was having too much fun to leave. I'm telling ya, if I didn't have to come back to finish school I'd probably still be there! Steve's family was really nice to me and one night we cooked them a "real american dinner" of meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, tomato soup and apple pie! They'd never had meatloaf before! Well, I hope everyone is doing well. How was the baptism? Sorry I missed it!
xox
Amy

No comments: